21.1.11

мимоса (mimosa) - Layered fish salad

This is one of my favourite Russian salad, it's quite heavy as an appetizer so I usually eat it with a main dish...

Ingredients:
  • 2 Canned fish (I usually use tuna or salmon)
  • 1 Medium yellow onion
  • 5 Eggs
  • 3 Carrots
  • 3 Potatoes
  • Mayonnaise 
  • Ground black pepper
Directions:
  • Boil the eggs (we are making hard boiled eggs) - Once it's done, peel the skin off and slice them in halfs. Separate the yellow part of the eggs and the white.. Cut the whites in small dices, same for the yellow, put them aside separately.
  • Boil carrots and peeled potatoes until tender, once they're done, cut them in small dices and put aside to cool off.
  • Finely minced the yellow onion.
Now all the main ingredients are ready to be put together...

Spread the white eggs evenly at the bottom of the dish
Spread carrots on top of it... *take your time, no rush.. sometimes if we rush, the stacks fall off*
Now spread the fish.. Sprinkle some ground black pepper.
Spread the mayo
Sprinkle the onions
Sprinkle the potatoes
Now spread the yellow eggs
And lastly, cover it with mayo...

For decoration, we can put parsley leaves at the very top :)

It should look like this..
ps: again, I took this pic with my fone.. :( I hope you guys can still see it


all credit goes to my mother in law :) she taught me how to make this even before i became a wife :)

2 comments: