25.2.11

My asian stomach's acting up!

I have been craving Indonesian food for a month now, unfortunately, I crave the hard-to-find-ingredients ones! Yes, Canada might be the land of immigrants but not the "part" I'm in, this city is so small and coloured skin like myself is a minor. Therefore, It's is almost impossible to find the herbs and spices needed in this city.. So different with the last city I lived in, we immigrants were majority hahahaha.. . So I decided to make something small, easy to make but still cure my homesickness :'( that is LUMPIA.

The ingredients are very easy to find...
  • 300gr of lean ground beef
  • 150gr bean sprouts
  • 1 Medium carrot
  • 3 Medium shallots
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 stacks of green onions
  • 1 tbsp of salt
  • 1 tbsp of ground pepper
  • 1 pack of frozen spring roll wrap 
  • White part of egg (just one egg)
  • Enough oil to deep fry the lumpia
 Cooking instructions:
  • You need to cook the filling first, so fry the shallots,garlics and ground beef first.
  • Add the remaining ingredients, don't over cook them because we're going to fry them again with the wrapper
  • Put them aside to cool off for 10 minutes
  • Once they've cooled off, you can start putting them inside the wrapper then seal it with the white egg, repeat until filling is finish.
  • Heat the oil for deep frying the lumpia.. Once it's ready then start deep frying them...
VOILA
this is the outcome of my lumpia 

 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment