8.2.11

I was diagnosed with...

ASTIGMATISM - "the cornea (the clear tissue covering the front of the eye) is abnormally curved, causing vision to be out of focus"

No wonder my glasses doesn't work well these days.. 
When I went to see the doctor she said that she's not going to give me another prescription, reason being that my astigmatism isn't that bad (yet), so she gave me this tip for eye exercise it's called "Pencil Push Ups" it's good but i get tired very fast... It really makes the eye muscles work! hard!! 

During the eye exams she asked me couple of questions regarding of what I do (daily)... Simply I answered:
"I do a lot of reading from my laptop, I read under dim lights, I stare at my Blackberry when its pitch black in my room, I squint when i read...." then she goes... "when you were young you never did eye exercise?" hahaha to be honest- up until that point i never knew that such exercise matters lol...

So she told me to come back to her office in 4 weeks, within this 4 weeks I have to do the pencil push ups 3 times a day.. I really hope that my vision will get better from this exercise.. amen!

Lesson learned from this?
Eye exercise is just as important as any other exercise.

How to exercise eye muscles in general?

Strengthen the eye muscles!
  • Roll your eyes in complete circles, up, right, down and left. Repeat in the other direction. Continue until your eyes begin to feel slightly tired.
  • Shut your eyes and squeeze them together as tightly as possible. Open your eyes. Repeat the entire exercise 10 to 15 times.
  • Cross your eyes and stare at the tip of your nose. Hold the position as long as you can and then close and relax your eyes. Begin with two or three repetitions and work up to at least 10 repetitions.
Improve your visual focus!!
  • Look at something in the far distance, at least a 1 KM away. It doesn't matter if you can really "see" it, but looking at objects in the far distance is a good way to work on the muscles that help with eye focus. Hold it for five seconds.
  • Look at something mid-range, or about a block away. Try to focus as clearly as possible. Hold it for five seconds.
  • Cycle through the exercises several times a day.
These exercises are the ones my doctor suggested as well, but i found the complete explanation from How to Exercise The Eye Muscles


2 comments:

  1. I did that exercise when I did yoga back then.. Only, I knew it is called Eye Exercise just know :D Since I too, spent lots of hours in front of laptop, I supposed I need to do it regularly, right?

    Thanks for the info, dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe iya sama" lhoo...
    Emg penting dilakukan sehari" apalagi klo abis mantengin laptop berjam"... menurutku sih ya visionku uda ga asik bgt karna kdg aku bisa sampe double vision.. jangan sampe kmu berdouble vision sepertiku An! :)

    ReplyDelete